I’m sorry you had to wait so long! But the moment is finally here. The moment where all of the previous three recipes for Cashew Ricotta, Brazil Nut Parmesan, and Vegan Alfredo Sauce, come together to create our masterpiece:
Vegan & Gluten Free Butternut Squash Alfredo Casserole!
Here is what you will need:
1 1/2 – 2 cups Cashew Ricotta
1/2 cup Brazil Nut Parmesan
2 cups vegan Alfredo sauce
1 5 oz box of arugula or spinach (works out to about 4-5 cups)
1 medium butternut squash, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
2 tbsp EVOO
Sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375F
1. Place butternut squash slices in a pyrex or oven safe dish (you may need to separate them into two dishes). Drizzle with EVOO, sea salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bake until tender for about 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
2. It’s time to make your casserole! Take a glass baking dish and spread some Alfredo cause along the bottom. Layer some of your cooked butternut squash in a single layer on top of the sauce. Take a handful of arugula and spinach and layer it over the butternut squash. Drizzle another layer of Alfredo sauce over the greens.
3. Next, drizzle some cashew cheese over the greens. Then layer more butternut squash over that. Layer the rest of your greens over the butternut squash. Then put the rest of your Alfredo sauce over the greens, followed by the rest of your cashew ricotta cheese.
4. Seal up your casserole by layering the rest of your butternut squash over top, and then sprinkle 1/2 cup of Brazil nut Parmesan on top of that to finish it off!
5. Bake your casserole at 350F for about 20-30 minutes, or until warmed through and the Parmesan begins to brown.
Looking for more inspiration?
Find me on…
And of course, at www.delectableyou.com