Spicy Paneer on Toast, low-fat paneer and vegetables adds spice to nutritious whole wheat toasts!
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Spicy-Paneer-On-Toast-22277r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Spicy Paneer on Toast
A zesty topping made from low-fat paneer and vegetables adds spice to nutritious whole wheat toasts. A great teatime snack, they make a good accompaniment to a hot, sugar-free beverage! Since low-fat paneer is high in protein, go easy on milk and milk products like curds for the rest of the day.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 5 minutes. Makes 4 toasts.
4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
½ cup grated low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
1 tsp oil
¼ cup finely chopped onions
½ tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
½ tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
¼ tsp black salt (sanchal)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the capsicum, green chillies, turmeric powder and black salt and sauté for a minute.
3. Add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the coriander, mint leaves, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
6. Place the toasted bread slices on a clean dry surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly on each bread slice.
7. Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.