Recipe Link : https://www.tarladalal.com/Bhadang-Murmura-Maharashtrian-Puffed-Rice-Chivda-Recipe-40641r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website | https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Bhadang Murmura, Maharashtrian Puffed Rice Chivda Recipe
Scrumptious to the core, this flavourful snack is made of puffed rice perked up with garlic, green chillies and curry leaves. The most interesting aspect of the Bhadang Murmura, however, is the use of crunchy peanuts, which contrast beautifully with the texture and flavour of the murmura, to give your taste buds an exciting ride. Maharashtrians like to carry along some of this Puffed Rice Chivda when they travel. It is also nice to keep a batch of this at home, handy to munch on when you are hungry. It can be had as it is, or with onions, tomatoes and a tangy lacing of lemon juice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Makes 5 cups.
4 cups thick puffed rice (kurmura)
2½ tbsp oil
½ cup raw peanuts
½ tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson)
2 tbsp crushed garlic (lehsun)
1 tbsp chopped green chillies
8 curry leaves (kadi patta)
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the raw peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
4. Add the turmeric powder and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
5. Add the puffed rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.