A simple and tasty preparation of red pumpkin which is full of spices and flavours.
RAJASTHANI KADDU KI SABZI
250 grams red pumpkin (kaddu), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 small onions, sliced
2 small potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¾ tsp red chilli powder
¾ tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
½ tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and let them change colour. Add asafoetida and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, mix and sauté for 1 minute. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and mix well.
3. Add coriander powder and salt, mix and sauté for a few seconds. Add pumpkin, mix well.
4. Sprinkle ¼ cup water, mix, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or till the vegetables are ¾ cooked.
5. Add dry mango powder and Tata Sampann Garam Masala, mix and cook for a minute.
6. Add coriander leaves and take the pan off the heat. Transfer the sabzi into a serving bowl and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor