Spring roll sheets filled with a mix of stir fried veggies and deep fried. yummy and a popular indo chinese snack recipe of vegetable spring roll. These delicious spring rolls are crunchy from outside, with a spiced vegetable filling from inside.
VEGETABLE SPRING ROLL – (Serves – 4)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium green capsicum, cut into thin strips
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
¼ medium cabbage, shredded
1 stalk spring onion green, diagonally sliced
8 spring roll sheets
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
White pepper powder to taste
A pinch of sugar
¼ cup bean sprouts
Oil for deep-frying
1 tablespoon refined flour (maida)
1. Heat sesame oil in a non-stick wok. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add capsicum strips, carrot strips and cabbage and sauté.
2. Add salt, soy sauce, pepper powder and sugar, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat, add bean sprouts and spring onion greens and mix well. Transfer on a plate and cool to room temperature.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Take flour in another bowl. Add some water and mix well to make a thick slurry.
5. Apply some slurry on the opposite edges of each spring roll sheet and fold it. Put some stuffing on one side, apply some slurry again in the edges, fold the same opposite edges, roll them and seal applying some slurry.
6. Deep-fry the rolls in hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot with schezwan sauce.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SanjeevKapoor_Khazana
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Wonderchef Kitchenware: https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor