Puran poli is a maharashtrian recipe of sweet flat bread made during ganesh chaturthi as well as on festivals like holi & gudi padwa.
1 cup split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked for 1 hour and drained
1½ cups refined flour (maida) + for dusting
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon saffron water
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup chopped jaggery
¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
Ghee for basting
1. To prepare puran, boil sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add split Bengal gram, cover and cook till done. Drain ¾ of the water and place the pan back on heat.
2. Put flour in a bowl. Add salt, saffron water and oil and mix. Add some water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Add jaggery to cooked split Bengal gram, mix till it melts and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add nutmeg powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Place a puran crusher in another bowl, put the dal mixture and crush well.
5. Dust the worktop with some flour and knead the dough again.
6. Divide the dough into equal portions. Make a cavity in the center of each portion, put a portion of puran, seal, shape into balls and slightly flatten.
7. Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out each portion into semi-thick discs.
8. Heat a non-stick pan. Place each puran poli and roast from both sides till golden brown, basting with some ghee.
9. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SanjeevKapoor_Khazana
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Wonderchef Kitchenware: https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor