Here’s an easy dinner idea – pumpkin soup. https://bit.ly/2RapWYE
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 1/2 medium pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup oil
• 2 onions, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsp ground sumac (optional)
• 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 225°C.
2. Toss pumpkin with half of the oil and place in a roasting dish, roast in oven until browned and cooked through. Once cooked remove from oven.
3. Meanwhile place remaining oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion over low heat until translucent.
4. Add garlic and spices and continue to cook for a further minute or two.
5. Add stock, lemon juice and roasted pumpkin to the saucepan and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
Get more healthy recipes on our website: https://www.heartfoundation.org.nz/recipes