In this popular recipe chunks of fresh cottage cheese are cooked in a rich creamy onion tomato masala and a some butter, only to be finished off with another dollop of fresh cream.
Along with crisp rotis it is a perfect meal for any occasion.
PANEER BUTTER MASALA
400 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
4 tablespoons butter
4-5 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 teaspoons oil
2 bay leaves
1½ inch cinnamon
2-3 dried red chillies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 tablespoon coriander seeds, roasted and coarsely crushed
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
½ teaspoon roasted dried fenugreek powder + for sprinkling
2 tablespoons fresh cream + for drizzling
1. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1½ teaspoons oil in a non-stick pan. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and broken dried red chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Add coriander seeds and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add coriander powder and chilli powder and sauté. Add tomatoes and mix. Add salt, mix and cook till the oil separates. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Discard the whole spices from the tomato mixture and grind alongwith ¼ cup water into smooth mixture.
5. Heat remaining butter and oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add the ground tomato mixture and ¼ cup water, mix and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add salt and garam masala powder, mix and cook till the mixture boils and slightly thickens.
7. Add cottage cheese cubes, lightly mix and cook for 30 seconds. Switch off heat, ½ teaspoon crushed dried fenugreek leaves and cream and mix lightly.
8. Put paneer butter masala in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with some dried fenugreek powder, drizzle some cream and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SanjeevKapoor_Khazana
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Wonderchef Kitchenware: https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor