This flavorful quiche with bacon, spinach and mushrooms perfect for brunch, dinner or as an appetizer for special occasions! Heavy cream and cheese perfectly complements the other ingredients and help develop a wonderfully rich quiche.
FOLLOW ME HERE:
For the pie crust:
16 Tbsp (8 oz or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
2 ½ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring
5 tablespoons ice water
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
For the pie filling:
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
1 medium onion, minced
16 oz chopped mushrooms
5 oz chopped fresh baby spinach
240 g heavy cream
Salt, pepper, basil, to taste
1. Make the pie crust. Mix the flour and butter.
2. Add ice water to the dry ingredients.
3. Pulse until a dough forms, around 10 seconds.
4. Form it into a ball. Divide dough in half. Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the gluten to relax before rolling.
5. Roll on a floured surface to fit your tin or pie dish. A good thickness is ¼ inch.
6. When fully rolled out, loosen again with a spatula and lift the pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan (or you can roll the pastry over the rolling pin, lift it onto the pie pan and unroll it). Gently press the dough against the corner of the pan and tear off any excess dough. Then tuck under the edges and go around the pie pan pinching the dough to crimp the edge.
7. Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
8. Make the pie filling. Combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt, basil and pepper. Layer the spinach, bacon, mushrooms and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.