Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes, quick gourmet soup for little babies!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Apple-and-Carrot-Soup-with-Potatoes-(-Baby-and-Toddler-Recipe)-3055r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes
This is a slightly more “gourmet” soup. Rich in energy and vitamin A, this soup is a meal which will make baby feel satisfied. You will notice that she won’t be hungry very quickly after she has “dined” on this one. As your baby approaches the 8th month, you can start adding ingredients like onions that have a strong flavour to improve the taste. You can add a dash of pepper to this soup after your baby likes it.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 1 cup.
1/4 cup peeled and chopped apple
2 tbsp peeled and chopped carrot
1/4 cup peeled and chopped potatoes
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp finely chopped onions
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the carrot, potato, apple and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
4. Cool slightly, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
5. Pour the purée into a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring occasionally.
Nutritive values for 1 cup
Energy: 72 kcal
Protein: 0.6 gm
Carbohydrate: 11.3 gm
Fat: 2.7 gm
Fibre: 2.0 gm
Vitamin A: 254.8 mcg