Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe Restaurant Style | Spring Rolls Recipe | Chicken Spring Roll | Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe | How to Make Spring Rolls | Spring Roll Recipe | Chicken Starter | Chicken Appetizer
Chicken Spring Rolls
Ingredients for Chicken Spring Roll:
– Boneless chicken, boiled & shredded- 100 gms (after boiling)
– Cabbage, shredded- 2 cups (around 100 gms)
– Carrot, julienned- 1 cup (50 gms)
– Green Pepper (capsicum), julienned-1 cup (50 gms)
– Spring Onion Greens- 3 tbsp
– Green Chillies, sliced- 2-3
– Garlic, chopped- 1 tbsp
– Spring Onion whites- 2 tbsp
– Dark Soy Sauce- 1 tsp
– Red Chilli Sauce- 1 tsp
– Salt- 1/4 tsp
– Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Flour Slurry- 2 tbsp Maida (All Purpose Flour) mixed with 3 tbsp water
– Spring Roll Wrappers – 10-12
– Oil- 1.5 tbsp + oil for deep frying
– Boil the chicken fillets with salt, pepper powder and water in a pan for around 14-15 mins till tender.
– Take out the boiled pieces and keep it to cool. Shred the chicken fillets with a fork or with your hand. Set aside.
– Shred the cabbage and julienne the carrots and green peppers (capsicum).
– Peel and chop the garlic, the spring onion whites & greens and fine slice the green chillies.
– Once the Spring roll stuffing is done, spread it on a plate to cool and take out the Spring Roll dough sheets to thaw.
– Just before preparing the Spring Rolls, prepare the Flour paste by mixing the All Purpose Flour (maida) with water.
Make the Filling-
– Heat oil in a wok and add the chopped garlic. Fry on high heat for 15 secs and then add the Spring Onion whites and sliced green chillies. Sauté on high heat for 30 secs.
– Now add the carrots & shredded cabbage and sauté on high heat for around 2 mins.
– Add the julienned green peppers (capsicum) and sauté on high heat for a minute and then add the shredded chicken.
– Now add the salt, pepper powder, stir fry on high heat for another minute.
– Add the red chilli sauce dark soy sauce. Give a mix and continue to stir fry for another minute.
– Add the chopped spring onions at the end, stir fry for a minute
– Remove onto a plate and allow it to cool.
Wrapping the Spring Rolls-
– You will need the thawed spring roll wraps, cooled spring roll stuffing, flour slurry and a brush to use the slurry.
– Take one spring roll wrap with one corner facing you and add 2 tbsp of the stuffing around 2 inches from the corner. Arrange it in a way to form the shape of the roll.
– Fold the edge on top of the filling, pushing the stuffing inside as you roll till you reach the two opposite corners. Now fold the two sides like an envelope, give one more roll and then brush the slurry on the edge to seal the roll.
– Continue with the balance wraps to prepare the other spring rolls.
– (Tip: Cover both the spring roll wraps and the rolled spring rolls with just wet cloth Kitchen Towels to prevent them from drying out. The wraps break during rolling if dried up and the spring rolls become too dark while frying. )
Frying the Spring Rolls-
– Heat oil in a flat pan/kadai or skillet till medium hot.
– Drop the spring rolls one by one (around 5-6) to not crowd the pan.
– Fry on medium heat for 7-8 mins till golden in colour.
– Keep turning the rolls to uniformly fry them.
– Remove from oil and arrange on a plate. Fry the rest of the rolls in batches.
#chickenspringroll #springrollsrecipe #howomakespringrolls #chickenroll #chickenspringrolls #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken