Today Jenn Johns shows you How to Make a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them cake! Harry Potter is one of my her all time favourite book series, and she’s super excited about the new movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them coming out. Which Harry Potter book is your favourite?
BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?page_id=7366
RAINBOW CAKE RECIPES: https://goo.gl/aiHQuf
JELLO RECIPES: https://goo.gl/NbNeeZ
FOOD IMPOSTER RECIPES: https://goo.gl/QG3TUf
HOMEMADE CAKES: https://goo.gl/WO3gwS
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
How to Make a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Cake (Harry Potter Cake)
-Two 9×13 cakes (https://youtu.be/bbDAJZhpvbo)
-Chocolate buttercream (https://youtu.be/948maLMHQy0)
-Fondant- brown (light, medium, dark)
-Brown color dust
-Gold luster dust
1. Slice one cake in half and attache to a cake board. Cover this cake, and the full 9X13 cake in chocolate buttercream. Place into the freezer until the cake is frozen to the board.
2. Roll out fondant in a rectangle. Place a frozen cake upside down directly on top of the rolled fondant. Carefully trim any excess from around the cake. Roll out strips of fondant to match the edges of the cake. Repeat for both pieces of cakes.
3. Flip bottom cake over. Roll out dark fondant and cut 1/2″ strips to go around the edge on top of the cake. Cut 4 circles out of the fondant, and using the top of a number 5 tip, press circles into for grommets. Attach pieces to the cake with water.
4. Switch to working on the upper part of the cake. cut 1″ strips the length of the edges and cover the corners with circles with grommets pressed in. Using a stitching tool, stitch a line about 1/4″ up from the bottom. About a 1/4″ above the stitch line, press grommets into the fondant.
5.Make latches, locks and handle with fondant. Combine the gold luster dust, a small amount of brown color and a small amount of vodka and mix together. Brush it onto the pieces with a paint brush. Cut out handle attachments, and shape handle. Shape hands and claws for the monster.
6. Attach dried pieces to the cake with a small amount of water.
7. Place hands above the handle in between the two cake layers. Place top of the suitcase on the cake. Add additional brown color dust as desired for distressing the cake.
8. Serve when desired. Cake is best kept in a sealed container in the fridge and consumed within 2-3 days.
I bought the Newt Scamander Wand from a great guy named Jeff from the Etsy store Fantasy Werks- https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FantasyWerks?ref=l2-shopheader-name