Fish Curry in Coconut Gravy | Boneless Fish Gravy | Fish Curry Recipe | Fish Curry in Coconut Milk Recipe | Fish Curry with Coconut Milk | Fish in Coconut Sauce | Fish in Coconut Milk Recipe | Fish Curry | Fish Recipe | Fish Curry by Spice Eats
Ingredients for Fish Curry:
– Boneless fish fillets – 500 gms (Basa, Cod, Haddock,Sole or Catfish)
For the Tempering:
– Mustard Seeds- 1/2 tsp
– Curry Leaves- 10-15 leaves
– Green Chillies, chopped- 2-3 nos.
Onion Masala paste:
– Onion, cubed- 2 medium (150 gms.)
– Ginger chopped- 1” piece
– Garlic cloves- 6
– Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Tomato purée or paste- 3 tbsp (readymade)
– Coconut Milk- 1 cup (225 ml)
– White Vinegar- 2 tsp
– Refined Oil- 3 tbsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Make a paste of the cubed onions, peeled and chopped ginger, peeled garlic and cumin seeds. Remove and set aside.
– Chop the green chillies and wash & take out the curry leaves.
– For the coconut milk you can use readymade coconut milk or make fresh coconut milk from fresh coconut at home.
– For the fish, take boneless fish fillets and cut them into thick slices.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add the curry leaves and the chopped green chillies.
– Give a stir and then add the Onion paste. Give a mix and continue to fry on medium heat for 7-8 mins till light brown in color.
– Now add the tomato purée, give a mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder and salt. Give a mix and fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins after adding 3 tbsp water till oil separates.
– Add the coconut milk and 200 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins till oil separates.
– Now add the boneless fish pieces and give a mix. Cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins.
– Add the white vinegar, shake the pan to give a mix. Simmer on low heat for 2 mins.
– Switch off heat, cover the lid and let it rest for 15-30 mins before serving.
– Serve it with rice.
#coconutfishcurry #fishcurryrecipe #fishrecipe #fishcurry #fishincoconutmilk #bonelessfishrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsfishcurry