Learn how to make homemade falafel. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
Full Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/How-to-Make-Falafel-Falafel-Recipe
Cheese Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls: http://bit.ly/MashedPotatoBalls
Vegan Beet Burger: http://bit.ly/BeetrootBurger
Cauliflower Cheese Balls: http://bit.ly/CauliflowerBalls
Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells: http://bit.ly/SpinachPastaShells
Stuffed onions: http://bit.ly/StuffedOnionsRecipe
2 cups (400g) dried chickpeas, don’t use canned
1 small Onion
3-5 garlic cloves
1/3 bunch Parsley
1/2 bunch Cilantro
4 tablespoons (30g) Flour/breadcrumbs or chickpea flour for gluten free version
1¼ teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoons baking soda
Oil for frying
For serving: pita bread, tahini sauce, salad.
1. Put the chickpeas in a large bowl over them by about 2-3 inches of cold water. Let soak overnight, then wash and drain.
2. Put washed and drained chickpeas into a food processor, add garlic cloves, onion, parsley, cilantro, baking soda and spices. process until smooth but crumbly.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, add breadcrumbs and mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Heat oil to 360˚F (180˚C).
5. Remove falafel mixture from the fridge and using wet hands shape into 1-inch balls.
6. Fry the falafels in batches, 4-6 at a time. Until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel.
7. Serve as is or in a pita bread with salad and tahini sauce.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: