Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe | Meatball Curry | Kofta Curry | Mutton Meatballs | Mutton Meatball Curry Mutton Kofta Curry | Mutton Meatballs in Gravy | Mutton Kofta Gravy Recipe | Mutton Kofta Recipe Mutton Meatball Recipe | Kofta curry | Meatball curry
Ingredients for Mutton Kofta Curry:
– Minced Meat (Mutton Keema)- 250 gms (Makes around 12-13 koftas/meatballs)
For Koftas/Meatballs :
– Minced Meat- 250 gms
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
– Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Onion chopped- 2 tbsp
– Green Chillies chopped- 2
– Garlic, sliced- 3 cloves (1 tsp)
– Coriander Leaves, chopped- 2 tbsp
– Breadcrumbs- 1/2 cup (US cup measure)
– Whisked Egg- 1 small egg
– Red Chilli Flakes- 1 tsp
– Oil- 1 tbsp
For the Gravy:
– Whole Spices:
– Green Cardamom- 3
– Cloves- 3
– Cinnamon- 2
– Bay Leaf- 2
Fried Onion Paste:
– Fried Onions- 2 medium (120 gms onion)
– Curd/Yogurt- 2 tbsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
– Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tsp
– Cashew Paste- 6 cashews
– Tomato Purée- 4 tbsp
– Salt for seasoning- 1/2 tsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Coriander leaves chopped, for garnish-2 tbsp
– Take a grinder/mixer, add the minced meat and all ingredients for the koftas other than breadcrumbs, whisked egg and red chilli flakes. Now grind everything into a smooth mixture. Remove to a bowl and then add the breadcrumbs, whisked egg and red chilli flakes. Mix well with a spatula and knead with hand.
– Now, grease your palm and take out small portions to form the meatballs/koftas. Roll it in your palms to make smooth & round in shape.
– Arrange them side by side on a plate and keep in freezer for around 30 mins.
– For Fried Onion paste, slice the onions and then fry till golden. Remove and blend into a smooth paste by adding 2 tbsp curd/yogurt.
– Also make cashew paste of 6 cashews. First grind into a powder and then add water to make a smooth paste.
– You can use readymade tomato purée and if not available, also blend 2 small red tomatoes into a purée.
– Chop coriander leaves for garnish and set aside.
– Take a pan and heat oil for shallow frying the meatballs(koftas).
– Add the meatballs side by side to not crowd the pan and fry them for 6-7 mins on medium heat (reduce to low heat few times) till uniformly brown. Fry in batches.
– For the gravy, heat oil in a wok/kadai and add the whole spices. Once it splutters, add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the brown onion paste, mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins. Add the tomato purée, mix and fry on low heat for another 2 mins.
– Add all spice powders other than Garam masala powder and 1/2 tsp (or to taste) salt, give a mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Now add 250 ml water, Garam masala powder, mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Add the fried koftas(meatballs), mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins. Remove the lid, add the cashew paste, mix and again cover & cook for 5 mins till oil separates and the meatballs are cooked.
– Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
#muttonkoftacurry #muttonmeatballcurry #muttonmeatballs #muttonkofta #meatballsrecipe #koftacurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsmutton