Today we’re making a spicy creamy mushroom pasta with Calabrian chili paste and Pecorino Romano cheese. This easy pasta recipe can be on your table in about 30 minutes! I hope you enjoy this spicy mushroom pasta recipe!
ALSO, WATCH CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA!
WATCH MORE COMFORTING PASTA RECIPES!
SUPPORT ON PATREON:
MY AMAZON STORE (This is an affiliate link)
SPICY CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA
1 pound linguine
1/4 cup olive oil – divided
1 pound mushrooms – sliced
5 cloves garlic – sliced
2 teaspoons Calabrian chili paste – or more/less to taste
3 ounces tomato paste
¾ cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup packed basil leaves – hand torn
Reserve pasta water – at least 1 cup, but most likely will not need all of it
1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a very large pan saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until brown, then remove and set aside. Work in batches to not crowd the pan.
3. Turn heat to medium-low, add remaining olive oil and the garlic to pan. Saute until golden (about 2 minutes). Next, add in the chili paste and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes in the oil.
4. Begin cooking the pasta in the boiling water to al dente.
5. Add the wine and turn heat to medium-high to cook off the alcohol and reduce for 3 minutes.
6. Turn heat down to medium-low and add in 1 ladle of pasta water and the cream. Stir it all together and taste test. Season with salt to taste.
7. Add in the Pecorino Romano cheese, mushrooms, and the al dente pasta. Cook for 30-60 seconds or until the pasta is just cooked. If the sauce is too dry add a bit of pasta water (a couple ounces at a time) to loosen it up.
8. Turn off the heat and add in half of the basil leaves. Serve on plates with the remaining basil on top and grated cheese on the side.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.