Addie Dulaney Majnaric is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Licensed Dietitian in the state of Texas and Florida. Specializing in lifestyle disease reversal & prevention through the promotion of a plant based diet – Addie has a strong passion for creating optimal health and wellness through the power of plants for a multitude of populations including: athletes, families, and those looking to reverse current lifestyle diseases and conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Cardiovascular Disease, Obesity/Overweight, Chronic Inflammatory Conditions, and Gastrointestinal Health. She wishes to break the vicious dieting cycle that so many are on and to eliminate the myth that aging go hand in hand with declining health.
She works remotely in Houston, TX as the Health & Wellness Coordinator with Dr. Jaimela J Dulaney’s medical practice, based in Southwest Florida. Through the practice, she facilitates tele-health coaching programs, develops recipes for nutrition classes, manages the online education portal for the practice, and develops full encompassing health and wellness plans for members of the practice. With this platform, members have access to nutrition & health coaching from Addie as well as physician advisement – no matter their physical location as the practice offers local as well as online membership programs. You can find out more about the plant strong medical practice at https://doctordulaney.com/. Addie is also a coauthor of the cookbook, “Plant-based Wellness Cookbook: Three Generations of Cooking-the Doctor, the Dietitian, and the Diva” – available on Amazon.
In her spare time, Addie enjoys long distance running, strength training, trying new whole food plant based recipes for her family and most of all, spending time with her husband, new baby boy and their rescue cat and dog.
Here is Addie’s book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1733967702?ref=exp_chefaj_dp_vv_d
To follow Addie on Instagram:
Rainbow Burrito Bowl
• 1 red/orange bell pepper, diced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
• 8 oz container of baby Bella mushrooms, sliced thin
• 1 red onion, chopped fine
• 1/3 head of red cabbage, shredded
• 1-2 limes
• ½ cup loosely packed cilantro
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced fine
• 1 avocado
• 1 container fresh salsa
• 1 cup rice, uncooked
• 2 cans of your favorite bean (I like to mix 1 pinto and 1 black bean)
• Chili powder
• Smoked Paprika
• Black pepper
• 2 tsp low sodium tamari
• Your choice of your favorite dark leafy greens for your burrito bowl base!
1. Cook rice in Instant Pot/on the stove with water.
2. Sauté peppers, onions, mushrooms and cabbage in water until tender. Add a splash of your low sodium tamari + 1-2 tsp chili powder, ½ tsp cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika and black pepper to taste and set aside to keep warm
3. Rinse and drain beans and add to a sauce pan. Add 2 Tbsp of your salsa + 1 tsp smoked paprika and ¼ tsp cumin and heat until warm (this can also be done in the microwave if short on time) 4. Now time to plate your meal… In a larger serving bowl, place 2 healthy handfuls of your favorite leafy greens. Next, add about ½ cupful of your warm rice. Top with your rainbow veggies and seasoned beans.
5. Top it off with avocado, lime juice, fresh salsa, chopped tomatoes and cilantro – enjoy!