Spinach Rasam Recipe By Masterchefmom
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Note: You can use keerai/amaranth leaves of your choice
2 cups spinach/palak (tightly packed)
2 tsp tamarind paste
2 tsp rasam powder (https://youtu.be/v0XECuBEsAA)
1/4 cup pigeon peas/tuvar dal (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
Pinch of asafoetida
1. Wash spinach at least three times, roughly tear and add them to the jar of a mixer.
2. Add 1 cup water and grind it smoothly and set it aside.
3. In a heavy bottom vessel, add tamarind paste and dilute it with 2 cups water.
4. Add 1 tsp rasam powder and Place it over low flame .
5. Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes or till the time the raw smell of tamarind escapes.
6. Now add the ground spinach juice and add another 1-2 cups of water( adjust according to the consistency of rasam you prefer)
Chef tip: If you are serving as soup, you can reduce water quantity.
7. Add salt and allow the spinach to cook for another 10 minutes .
8. Now add the boiled and mashed pigeon peas ( if adding) and adjust water quantity.
9. Add rasam powder and let the rasam boil for another 3-4 minutes .
10. Switch off.
11. Temper with ghee, mustard seeds and asafoetida and pour it over the rasam.
Do try and share your feedback with me.
Your healthy and super delicious Spinach rasam is now ready!!!
You can get your copy of my first cookbook “My Genius Lunch Box” at the nearest bookstore OR You can order my cook book online :
Amazon – https://amzn.to/2ZHBQPU
Follow Masterchefmom and be a part of this lovely family:
For brand collaboration mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Music by Vishnu Raghuraman
#spinachrasam #palakrasam #keerairasam #கீரைரசம்