When it comes to carrot cake recipes this is the only one you need. Today, Erin gives up her famous Carrot Cake recipe to the world, the one that has brought her an entire summer of sales at farmers market and now its all yours.
Please comment, subscribe and share!
Ingredients for the carrot cake:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups grated carrots
Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese. Must be room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter. Must be room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions to make the carrot cake:
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Spray two 9-inch round pans with non-stick cooking spray or one 9×13-inch pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment add in the oil, eggs, brown sugar, sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Add in the grated carrots and again mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing on low speed. Make sure to not over mix.
5. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes for the 9-inch pans. For a 9×13 I just realized while writing this that I have no idea how long to tell you to bake it as I never time it! I’m guessing 40-45 minutes. Bake until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. I promise I will time it the next time I bake one!!
6. Once cakes are done remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Remove if desired and finish cooling completely before frosting. When I bake a 9×13 I leave the cake in the pan until its ready to be sliced.
Directions to make the cream cheese frosting:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the butter and mix until well combined and smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix on medium speed until fully combined and light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
2. If you baked 9-inch rounds place bottom layer on cake stand, add approximately 1/2 cup of frosting and smooth it evenly. Place the second layer on toy and use the remaining frosting to cover the top and sides of the cake. To frost a 9×13 use all the frosting and spread evenly.
Become a supporter on Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/ourwyominglife
Subscribe Now → https://goo.gl/5HfhGj
Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/OurWyomingLife/
Twitter → https://twitter.com/OurWyomingLife
YouTube → https://www.youtube.com/c/ourwyominglife
Reddit → https://www.reddit.com/r/OurWyomingLife/
Business Inquiries: For sponsorship requests or business opportunities please contact us directly:
Our Wyoming Life
PO Box 667
Gillette WY 82717
Join us on our journey as we leave a life in corporate america to come back to Wyoming and help on the family ranch.
Our Wyoming Life features our Wyoming ranch and our ranch family. Giving you a look into the workings of ranching from raising cattle to raising and harvesting crops. Erin will join you weekly out of the garden, showing you how she helps provide for our family through growing produce and selling at local farmers markets, and Mike will take you along as he tends to the animals and land of ranch, from calving to fencing to planting and harvesting hay.