Everyone needs cake to that Happy Birthday song! And every vegan also deserves rich and decadent Birthday cake. With this enormously delicious Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake with Cake Pops and Oreos everybody’s dreams will come true: rich, sweet, luxurious, chocolaty, soft, exclusive, glamorous, with crunchy bites and on the other hand vegan, almost low fat, quick and easy to make. One word: Perrrrrrfect!
for the batter
2 cup Flour
2/3 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
1 cup Soy Milk (or other type of non dairy milk)
4 tbsp Oil (I have coconut but any other flavourless oil will work)
2 tbsp Vinegar
for coconut frosting
2 cans (~1 cup) Coconut Milk (canned!)
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
for cookies and cream filling
1 cup Thick Coconut Yogurt
1/3 cup Sugar
3 – 4 Oreo Cookies
7 Cake Pops
5-7 Oreo Cookies
1. First and foremost – batter. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients for the batter: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, backing soda and powder, salt, and vanilla. Now add all the wet: milk, maple syrup, oil and vinegar. Mix mix mix and we will have a perfect spongy cake.
2. Transfer into 2 well greased, covered with baking paper 6 inch (15 cm) cake tin. If you have only 1 tin, make half of the batter, bake it, then make second half and bake it, as I do in this video.
3. Into the 190C (375F) oven it goes for 30-35 min or until wooden skewer comes out clean. Transfer onto cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
4. Meanwhile prepare Coconut Whip for frosting. Into large mixing bowl add 2 cans of coconut cream: it’s thick part from chilled canned coconut milk. Pour sugar and whisk until thickened and sugar fully dissolved. It will be smarter to use electric beater. Or have some workout and use whisk.
5. Transfer it to a piping bag (or plastic bag) and into fridge it goes until needed.
6. Now is time for filling. Add 1 cup of thick coconut yogurt (or other thick plant based yogurt) and 1/3 cup sugar into mixing bowl and whisk well until sugar dissolves. Crush 3-4 cookies (or as many as you like) into your amazing concoction and stir gently.
7. Layers chilled? Frosting in the fridge? Filling ready? Time to assemble! Everything is easy: Level first layer (don’t eat scrapes, we need them for cake pops), make a ring with thick coconut cream, fill it generously with cookies and cream filling, add another levelled layer on top, coat with first thin layer of frosting and chill in the fridge for at least 25 min. After annoying half an hour of waiting coat your masterpiece with another thick layer of frosting, make it smooth and once again into the fridge until you are ready to decorate the top.
8. Decorate the cake! It’s my favourite part, except of eating, of course. I use homemade Chocolate Cake Pops (full recipe here: https://youtu.be/j6UiWvcSO-U) and lots of Oreos, since my birthday boy loves choco and Oreos. You can experiment. Be creative. Use anything you want to make it special for your loved ones.
9. And here we have it: rich, sweet, luxurious, chocolaty, soft, exclusive, glamorous Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake with Cake Pops and Oreos
10. Make some photos to tag me on and Enjoy!
Yield: 6 inch 2 Layered Cake/ 8-9 servings (~165 g each)
Nutritional value (per 1 serving):
Fat 15.1 g
Saturated Fat 6.5 g
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 365 mg
Potassium 336 mg
Carbohydrates 69.1 g
Fiber 2.5 g
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 6.9 g
Vitamin C 1%
Chocolate Cake Pops with Coconut Cream https://youtu.be/j6UiWvcSO-U
Nectarine Upside Down Cake https://youtu.be/20SKzNP5ce8
Simpsons’ Pink Donuts https://youtu.be/_Tjm-UooCrE
The Best Easy Cinnamon Buns https://youtu.be/1Io0hfgkELs
Oat Cookies with Apples and Nuts https://youtu.be/ipJqs0ZiY7I
Happy Birthday and Eat with Spoon!