Low Carb & High Fat / Keto Zucchini Pecan Bread
I was NOT expecting this bread to be spongey yet thick like high carb bread. It has this gentle cheesy taste to it despite having no cheese! It was really warming and perfect with soup. I was expecting a plant or a nutty taste but there wasn’t any of either. The crust wasn’t really crispy but was crusted enough. I really recommend this bread, it’s pretty darn good.
IF YOU WANT TO USE COCONUT FLOUR ONLY – ADD 1/2 CUP (64g) OF COCONUT FLOUR AND 2 EGGS (remove the almond flour)
| The Recipe |
– 1/4 cup (32g) Coconut Flour
– 2 cups (100g) Almond Flour
– 1 small Zucchini/Courgette (about 75g)
– 1/4 cup (31g) Pecans, chopped
– 3/4 tbsp Baking Powder
– 1 scoop (28g) Whey Protein Powder, unflavoured
– 4 Eggs
– 1/2 cup (113g) Butter, melted
– 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Shred the zucchini/courgette with a hand grater. Place the shredded courgette in either a hand towel or between pieces of kitchen roll. Squeeze as much water as you can out. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and protein powder together.
4. In another medium bowl, add melted butter and eggs. Beat until well combined. Add the grated zucchini/courgette. Mix. Add half of the dry mixture. Mix. Add the rest of the dry mixture. Mix. Add chopped pecans and mix one more time.
5. In a prepared loaf tin evenly spread the bread batter. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes (check after 35 minutes as this is how long mine took). The bread should have risen and be browned. Use a knife to check (place in the centre of the bread, if it comes out “clean” it’s done).
6. Once the bread is done, take out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Then, slice into 12 and enjoy!
Please note, all macros are calculated with My Fitness Pal and may vary on ingredients used.
Net Carbs: 1.2g
| The Keto Kitchen |
Instagram: @TheKetoKitchenUK (https://www.instagram.com/theketokitchenuk/)
Zazie Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License